Tutorial on Writing SEO Content for Boring Topics
You may think it's a boring topic, but in all reality, there are no boring topics. It's all about perspective and finding just the right angle that makes your audience think, "Hm, that's interesting." For example, say you want to write about hopscotch. It's a pretty standard child's game, right? Did you know that hopscotch actually dates back to Roman child games? It wasn't until the 17th century that it was found in English references as "Scotch Hopper." There are actually hundreds of variations on hopscotch, too. In Puerto Rico, it's called "Le Peregrina" or "Pilgrim Girl," and each square represents 9 rings that a pilgrim traveler has to pass to reach Heaven. Not so boring after all, right? It's the same trick to writing extremely creative content about something you thought wasn't so cool. These tips can make it even easier.
1. Ask the Right Questions About Your TopicSo you think you have a boring topic? If you can answer some of these questions about your topic, you'll probably realize a different angle to go with and make it more invigorating for building your audience.
- Who invented it and what was that person's inspiration?
- What makes people like your topic? How do other people around the world interact with your topic?
- When is your topic most popular and what does that say about society?
- Where is your topic made or where is it most popular? Why not somewhere else?
- Are they any types of novelties associated with your topic? What makes it unique?
- What's the single best thing about your topic and why does your target audience care?